Monday, August 31, 2009

DAY ONE

First walk. In my eagerness to get started I forgot that today was supposed to be a rest day. No worries, I think my body can handle it. I woke up this morning, listened to some music and then promptly found my running shoes. Got dressed and went downstairs to my apt. gym only to discover that another woman was walking in least than 10 steps in front of me. We have only one treadmill, so I lose. I was going to walk to a friend's building to use her gym's treadmill (if they had one) but as soon as I got outside I realized that I could just walk outside (imagine that :)

So I did. It was great. People were friendly, I got to see more of my neighborhood the time flew. The only issue is that I don't think I got my exertion rate up to 4. I did have my keys in one hand and a Gatorade in the other, so that probably slowed me down, but I felt like I couldn't kick it up much more without falling over. We'll see on the next walk (which I guess is tomorrow morning).

I had my swimming lesson this afternoon. My instructor was quite supportive and made me feel a little better about my stroke. I actually think I'm a slightly better swimmer now. I'm motivated to practice so I'm feeling good about the swimming. I gotta say it was more of a workout than I expected. At first I thought a 25 minute session was kinda short but after doing what I thought were a lot of drills, I asked her "are we almost done?" and she's like "no, you still have 15 minutes." I mean - damn. Still, I left happy. Then I went out and bought a new pair of goggles and a kickboard.

DAY ONE:

Today:
Workout: SWIM: Approx. 30minute lesson at Echo Park pool. 25 yard long lanes. 10 minute drive from my house and work. WALK: I walked through my neighbourhood today for 35 minutes at *3 and loved it.
Diet: Better not by much though. Bacon and eggs for breakfast; chicken for lunch; some Nutri-Grain bars and cheese and biscuits.....and wine.
Cigs: Normal (at least 10 - lost count)

Agenda for DAY TWO:
WALK: 35 minute walk.
SWIM:
Short swim drill because I've got to try out the new goggles.

My new goggles rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment